Ramzi Al-Ariqi is the founder and the Managing Partner of Grant Thornton Yemen, who made it the leading firm in the fields of assurance, audit and business advisory ever since it started in 2008. His extensive experience in the field mastered his commands, control and responsibility for all Grant Thornton Yemen activities from audit to accounting to tax to critical business & risk advisory for all major dynamic public & private entities in Yemen. Moreover, his major assets reside in his extensive knowledge & understanding of the detailed laws & regulations that are driving the country and its economy. Prior to the start of his journey as the Managing Partner of Grant Thornton Yemen, a member firm of Grant Thornton International, Ramzi was the Manager in charge of Arthur Andersen - Yemen up until July 31, 2002.
Ramzi experience in the field of audit, business consulting and corporate finance has covered a wide range of industries including oil and gas, airlines, telecommunication, petrochemicals, hospitality, banking, trading, construction, transportation and contracting and services industries. Ramzi’s areas of expertise include business consulting, external and internal audit, fraud investigation, business valuation, and due diligence reviews.
- Ex-President of the Yemen Association of Certified Public Accountants.
- Member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountant (AICPA) since 1997
- Member of American Institute of Management Accountant.
- Member of Yemeni Association of Certified Public Accountants.
- Member of American Association for Fraud Examiners.
- Member of the Arab Federation of Accountants & Auditors
- Master’s in Accounting & Auditing from the University of Oklahoma, USA.
- BS in Commerce from Sana’a University, major in economics and a minor in accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) from the State of Colorado, USA.
- Certified Public Accountant in Yemen.
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) from the American Company of Management Accountant.