With more and more goods and services crossing national borders, your company could face indirect tax liabilities in many countries, including those where a customer is located.
Grant Thornton's tax teams take a rigorous approach to help meet these obligations, whatever challenges they may face along the way.
Using our finely tuned local knowledge, our organization's teams can help you understand and comply with often complex and time-consuming regulations.
If you are doing business in an area that already has high indirect tax rates, you may need to pay special attention to them. Globally, indirect tax rates are on the rise in countries that already impose these taxes. Countries without zero-based rates may also come to see indirect taxes as a means of increasing their revenues.
Grant Thornton can help you with:
- Identification of where transactions are taxed
- Registration of local indirect tax in the countries where taxed operations are carried out
- Efficient tax planning for transactions
- Preparation and filing of indirect tax return
- Preparation of requests for refund, accreditation or transfer of tax credits linked to export operations
- Preparation of requests for refund of balances in favour of free availability of national and provincial taxes.