Marcelo Pinto has been Grant Thornton’s Advisory Services Partner since 2021. He is a Public Accountant and has a degree in Business Administration from the Universidad de Buenos Aires (UBA), and he also has a degree in Systems Organization Information. He additionally certifies several postgraduate instances, among them a "Diploma in Control and Management of Public Policies" (FLACSO, UNESCO, 2018), certifications in "Project Management for Results (PM4R)" (DoingGlobal & IDB, 2020) and "Evaluation of Impact of Social Programs” (MIT, 2020).
Marcelo also participated as an assistant and speaker in various courses, workshops and seminars related to the subject of his profession, in the country and abroad, including programs of UBA, UADE, IDB, Ministry of Economy of the Nation, Junior Achievement, and different organizations and companies. He is a member of the Professional Council of Economic Sciences, acting on several Commissions (including Anticorruption, Sustainability), the Circle of Fellows of the Buenos Aires Stock Exchange Foundation and the Argentine Association of Ethics and Compliance.
Marcelo joined Grant Thornton in 2005. He has more than 28 years of experience in accounting, controlling, auditing and consulting, managing and leading projects locally and internationally (including in Chile, Peru, Colombia, Venezuela, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia, Honduras).
Marcelo has specialized in the following lines of service:
- Business diagnosis, including financial evaluation and internal process control (COSO)
- Evaluation of improvement of processes and controls, under SOX modality
- Internal audit services
- Quality certifications
- Implementation of processes and systems (COBIT, CMMI, Price2, Agile methodologies)
- Business valuation projects, due diligence and corporate finance
- Forensic projects, including under FCPA regulations
- Services for Government and Public Sector: financial, management, technical and special audit of projects executed by government agencies and co-financed by multilateral and international credit agencies.
Before joining Grant Thornton Argentina, Marcelo worked in different companies and public bodies in the areas of accounting, auditing and controlling (Aguas Argentinas, SIGEN, DGI, among others).
English and Spanish. Marcelo also has knowledge in Portuguese and French.